As a property investor, it is important that you protect your investment and ensure that the property you are about to acquire is truly worth your time and money. Hence, it is a wise move to opt for a building inspection before sealing a deal.
What Happens During a Building Inspection?
During inspections, the property is checked for possible structural, electrical and plumbing problems, as well as pest infestations. An inspector will help you determine if there are:
• Damages in walls, ceilings, roofs and floor tiles
• Leaking pipes and clogged drains
• Jammed door locks and broken windows
• Damaged fixtures
• Pest infestation and risks of pest infestation.
The inspection will cover both the interior and exterior areas of the property, so you can be assured that all potential issues will be included in the detailed report.
With a building inspection, you will find out:
• The current condition of the property, including structural damages.
• How the current condition will impact on the property on a long-term basis.
• Any recommendations for addressing the problems.
Our team at Defence Pest and Building Inspections will document the findings and provide you with a copy of the report. The report will allow you to determine any repairs required and the estimated cost of repair. You can use this as a guide to decide whether or not you will buy the property, or if there are other possible options, such as negotiating a better deal.
How A Building Inspection Can Help You Make an Informed Decision
As mentioned, the building inspection can help you decide if the price of the property is reasonable for its current condition, and if you are willing to pay for that price. In addition to this, you can use the building inspection report to:
• Negotiate for a lower price, so you can cover the cost of the repairs.
• Negotiate with the seller so that they cover the cost of the repair.
• Request that the pest management contract be transferred to you, if such agreement exists between the seller and a pest treatment company.
Working with the Right People
When having a property inspected, you need to find the right people to work with. To guarantee that the inspection is done thoroughly, you will need to have a licensed inspector who will help you identify problems, including potential risks, and be able to advise you on your next steps. This is what our inspectors at Defence Pest & Building Inspections provide – a reliable service ,which prioritises our aim to help you make an informed decision when it comes to property investment.